We’re Focused on What Matters Most Right Now in Champaign County.
At the Junior League of Champaign-Urbana, we are aligning our focus according to our community’s most pressing needs. Our work is always evolving, and that keeps us on our toes, striving for progress, and preparing to take on whatever comes next.
Our Local Impact.
Our primary goals – helping women and children and providing basic needs for school readiness – require immediate action. Our multi-faceted approach is making an impact.
- Training women. Our membership model emphasizes community impact, building belonging, and fostering change.
- Nonprofit support and Scholarships. We provide thousands of dollars of investment annually in local high school women, along with volunteer hours and funds for local community partners aligned with our mission.
- Nonprofit Assistance Collaboration Team (NPACT). We partner annually with one or two local nonprofits to build their capacity and train our members on the issue areas they address.
- Impact Projects. We host two recurring programs for local families and underserved populations: Kids in the Kitchen for healthy lifestyles and Bright Starts for free preschool education at night.
- Fundraising for our Community. As a volunteer organization, 100% of what we raise at annual events like Festival of Trees goes directly into our community.
We’re Creating Fulfilling Leadership Opportunities Throughout Champaign County.
The Junior League of Champaign-Urbana offers so much more than local volunteering opportunities! Our League of leaders creates real change by advancing social activism-focused projects that directly benefit our local communities. By giving women the tools to lead, educating them about our communities’ needs, and helping them put their unique brand of creativity and skill to work, JLCU is making a big impact in our area.
We’re Transforming Champaign County Communities By Challenging the Status Quo.
No matter what we’re currently focusing on, JLCU’s work centers around improving our local communities through effective action and leadership. We have identified basic needs for school readiness as the most pressing issue in our community right now, and we are helping local women take action to resolve it.
- Sound Great? Want to become a Member? CLICK HERE.
- Not a Member but want to support our work? CLICK HERE.