The Junior League of Champaign-Urbana is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
With that in mind, each year we recognize the spirit of voluntarism in a Champaign-Urbana high school graduating female, including individuals that identify as female, through our scholarship program. A scholarship in the amount of $750 is offered to one female, including individuals that identify as female, graduating senior from Centennial, Central, Judah Christian, St. Thomas More, University, and Urbana high schools who has demonstrated a strong commitment to voluntarism.
First In The Family Award
As Junior League is committed to promoting fair and equal opportunities for women, Junior League will be awarding a First In The Family Award Scholarship to a graduating senior female student, including individuals that identify as female, who is a first-generation college-bound student from the Champaign-Urbana community based on their commitment to voluntarism, school activities, and leadership in the amount of $750.
2021 Student Scholarship Recipients
Volunteer Award Scholarship Recipients
- Urbana High School: Caroline Thies
- St Thomas More High School: Kylie Hopper
- Judah Christian High School: Ashley Combs
- Central High School: Margaret Prom
- Centennial High School: Leonila Liong
- University of Illinois Laboratory High School: Katrina Powers
First In The Family Award Recipients
- Central High School: Maya Keeble
- Centennial High School: Twinkle Jaswal